The ISV committee met remotely 15th February 2022.
• Participation required for State Championships extension of dates communicated
• Documentation and website link sent to schools with concerns around compliance at events.
• Request for inclusion of result on Mitavite Leader Board granted,
Agenda Items Summary
- EV office welcomes Adriana Felsztynski in the role of Sports Administrator. She will assist Interschool. Corinne McInerney has developed the State Champs website and is updating ISV Handbook and ISV website.
- VEIS is confirming the third rounds for dressage and jumping series in term 2. Tintern Interschool Horse trials change of date to 20th and 21st May at Shirley Heights
- State Championships update. Website isvchamps.org.au. Increased costs have led to higher entry fees. Upgraded medical support. Petstock sponsorship is appreciated. Rider bags and product sponsorship discussed. Trade stands and sponsorship still needed. Concerns raised about dressage arena familiarisation time to be made available. This was communicated to the State Organising Committee. Concerns raised by jumping families about the jumping surfaces to be used and the sand arena. The State organising committee is aware of this has planned jumping over more days. Arena surfaces are being looked at prior to major events in March. Indoor update planned prior the event. Current Eventing rules in regard to combined training have been applied. If changes are to be made it may need discussion at a later date/national level.
- Some schools are not permitted to represent their school compliance policies on State champs website and documents have been made available to schools.
- ISV Show cancelled due to low entries and judge contracting Covid.
- Mitavite Eventing Leader Board discussion around including retrospective results. ISV committee will continue to consider any requests but it a noted that it would be unfair to change positions in the Vic team at the end of the season. Leader board published after each event enabling riders to see how they are going.
- Groups are deterred for running Interschool events especially in conjunction with open classes. Some areas had competitions cancelled making it difficult for regional riders. Border Districts running jumping to assist with this. The EA Child Safe Guarding Policy December 2021 had made requirements clear for sport with riders 18 and under. EV received a Vicsport Grant to develop a plan and assist in the required documentation and support of what groups need with this in implementation of Child Safe standards. The EV Board is involved in this process.
- ISV Committee is seeking new members as families more out of Interschool especially from Gippsland and Northern Victoria. Thank you to Jo Hewitt, Nikki Growcott, Susan Bufton and Leanne McLean for their involvement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org