COVID-19 has disrupted us all in a way we could never have imagined. Despite postponing the event on several occasions during 2020, we are pleased to confirm that it is our intention to offer an event for the riders that will be finishing school this year and have also missed all of their final year of school celebrations. As a result the 2020 ISV State Championships will be conducted under modified scheduling and for Years 11 and 12 ONLY.
We know all our other year riders will be disappointed not to attend this event but you have more years to come in interschool and we will look forward to seeing you in April 2021.
The 2020 schedule has some changes including:
1. The 2020 ISV State Championships event will be conducted under the current Equestrian Victoria’s COVIDSafe “Return to Competition” Regulations. As we are sure you can appreciate the restrictions are changing in a regular basis and at the time of preparation the schedule has incorporated the restrictions as best we can and are subject to change.
2. Due to the uncertainty in COVID-19 restrictions and the desire to ensure school levers can experience their final Interschool event we have modified the schedule to provide a competition for Year 11 and 12 RIDERS ONLY.
3. There will be a limit on class sizes and balloting may be required, priority will be given to:
- Year 11 and 12 riders that have a participation qualification for the original event date in April 2020
- Year 12 without a participation qualification
- Year 11 without a participation qualification
- If insufficient entries are received, late entries MAY be offered to Year 10
4. Support personnel – restrictions currently allow only limited support of 1 person per competitor.
5. Spectators – if permitted will be limited in accordance with Victorian Government Restrictions.
6. All times will be scheduled, with the aim to facilitate completing all your competitions in the shortest possible time.
7. You will be expected to leave the venue immediately upon completion of your competitions.
8. Results will be available online via Nominate.
- Jumping class rosettes will be presented at the end of the class.
- Dressage classes and Showing classes rosettes will be available at prize collection point, if you have left the venue your prize will be mailed.
9. Stabling and camping bookings will be need to made direct with WPNEC all bookings will need to comply with Equestrian Victoria’s COVIDSafe “Return to Competition” Regulations and venue requirements www.wpnec.com.au
10. Volunteers are crucial to run this event, we still need you so please consider if you can help
11. Show jumping is planned to be conducted on the new Martin Collins All-Purpose 80x90m Waxed Surface Arena.
12. Riders need to have Junior Competitive Equestrian Victoria membership to compete. Your horse does not need to be registered, please ensure your membership is current prior to entry.
13. Riders in Combined Training classes must have helmets tagged.
14. Merchandise – a limited amount of merchandise is available and must be paid for prior in order to the to be collected at the event
15. Due to the modified schedule and limited participation we regret to advise that No school team or Nan MacArthur Awards will be presented from the event.
16. Trade Stands and Onsite Catering – at this stage it is expected that there will be no trade stands or on site catering during the event.
In this unusual year the Organising Committee looks forward to welcoming you to the event as a celebration of your final year’s in Interschool and in recognition that many of you have missed important milestone events this year.
Enjoy your horses, represent your school with pride and look forward to a more positive 2021, we hope this event is a small compensation for your challenging year.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
LISA HOCKING – Event Director